Thursday, November 15, 2018

Rocklin Concert

Well, I just lost all that I had written thus far... and that was AFTER saving it a few times! Grr! Ah, well. If at first you don't succeed... I was telling you all about the Big Voice Tour concert my mom and I attended in September before it got 'deleted'.  I will proceed, although this will be more of a slam-bam job than anything because the dinner hour is drawing near! I apologize in advance for any blunders. 😏

I can tell you one thing: Cana's Voice has a new fan. ME. They are the perfect blend with fantastic songs and good stage presence.  And Taranda can sang!

A little about the group: Doug, on the left, was with Ernie Haase and Signature Sound. Taranda used to be married to Kim Hopper's brother, Tony Greene, and he passed in 2010 due to health complications. She got remarried 2 years ago to ICM Concerts president, Landon Beene… And her name is now Taranda Greene-Beene. 😊 My mom and I spoke to him briefly and he seems like the nicest guy. Anyways, HE is the mastermind behind this group. And Jody is on the right. He used to be with Avalon, if I remember correctly. They are one terrific trio!

The concert began with David Phelps and Cana's Voice singing Virtuoso.



Then Cana's voice took the first half of the concert. There were definitely some moving moments with a good balance of a bit of fun thrown in there! Geron Davis, who is on several Gaither DVDs, is their pianist, and that can ONLY add to any song. (By the way, he wrote Holy Ground!)

David then came on stage with his girls and Charlotte backing him. They did a good combination of both old and new, one of the new being a David arrangement of Amazing Grace. I still can't wrap my mind around it. Unreal. Definitely of another world.





He also did a duet with each of his daughters, and that Maggie Beth only gets better and better. Never tire of hearing her! 



Then Charlotte got some stage time. David said he listens to her new CD all the time, that it's never out of his car's CD player... and happened to add that his CD player is broken. 


The last part of the concert consisted of all of them singing some of my favorite songs and I was not complaining! The Love of God, I Love the Lord, and Total Praise. Talk about a Swoon Special! 



So, with that bringing the concert to a close, I merely floated out of there... That was one concert for the books, for sure. If ever they're in your area, GO.

Music expresses that which cannot be said, and on which it is impossible to be silent.
-Victor Hugo

Until next time,
Mizz Babs








No comments:

Post a Comment